Perforated leather or vinyl can be a tricky repair. If the perforations no longer align, the result is likely to be imperfect.
- Subpatch any holes or tears.
- Apply Soft Filler to any remaining scars and smooth.
- While the filler is still wet, use a needle to re-punch perforations in the repair area, lest you want a solid, patched area.
- Allow to cure.
- If necessary, re-punch the perforations once more.
- Apply color and finish. The shadow created from the perforation should create a black dot that appears uniform with the rest. One could also paint the black dot(s) on the area (so long as the leather is not already black in color).